TOP 10 REASONS TO SPEND THE HOLIDAYS ON HILTON HEAD ISLAND
Perhaps you're used to a swirl of autumn foliage at Thanksgiving or a flurry of snow for a white Christmas, but this season, here's 10 great reasons why you might consider spending the holidays enjoying warm Atlantic breezes at Hilton Head Island.
- Put a bird on it. Go for an early morning birding walking or biking expedition at Pinckney Island the day before Thanksgiving to see the different species of birds that occupy the salt marshes, maritime forests and open fields.
- Let someone else do the cooking and cleaning. Head to ELA's Blu Water Grille for the ultimate Thanksgiving dinner, with dishes like pumpkin soup, classic Southern turducken, sage sausage stuffing and pumpkin bread pudding.
- Burn off that turkey. Work off a few holiday calories by running in the Annual Turkey Trot. Whether you go for the 5K, 10K or just the fun walk, you'll have a great time wending your way around the island.
- Go arty for Black Friday. The Holiday Art Walk in Old Town Bluffton showcases more than 200 local artists.
- Get in the holiday spirit. See the Community Christmas Tree Lighting on Saturday, November 30, 3:30-5:30 pm, with caroling, photos with Santa and more.
- Get crafty. Bring the kids in to Holidaze @ ARTworks Three "Santa's art-workshops" to get hands-on with art projects to adorn your tree.
- Dress down. Don your most embarrassing Christmas sweater for the Uncalled For Trio's "Ugly Sweater" Christmas Tour,
- Go old school. Head to the Heyward House Historical Center for the Old World Christmas Gala, with period dress encouraged from 1840s Plantation Era through the Roaring 20s,
- Feel a song coming on? Hit up the Hilton Head Choral Society's The Sounds of Christmas Holiday Concert, or the Classic Christmas Festival to get your caroling fix.
- Come to the table. Can't be with loved ones? Join the 11th Annual Free Community Christmas Day Dinner.